425.773.3833 | email@example.com
Greater Seattle Real Estate & Investment Expert
In 1979, my Mother in Korea sacrificed her ties with me and sent me to America to find a better life in this "land of opportunity" through adoption to a family in Spokane, WA. I was ten years old. My sister and I came together. You can imagine the culture shock and adjustment, starting with basic English language acquisition. This experience gave me the drive to make the most of my life. I know what hard work is. I know how to persevere and see barriers as an opportunity to find a solution. These lessons were learned from my new parents as well as with the help of incredible mentors in my life who reached out to me – kind hearted teachers, pastors, and coaches. As an adult, I became a public speaker and mentor to youth in my community and developed programs to help them connect.
Later I was chosen by a successful Real Estate Broker and investor for a mentoring relationship, the fruit of which became the start of my own Brokerage, Urban Properties, with the help of my gifted wife Rachel Badgett who also has a background in education, administration, and counseling. Being a big picture person and working with so many folks in the community, I could see that people’s financial situations were often at the center of their lives – whether they acknowledged it or not. In order to guide my clients more thoroughly, I also obtained licenses in mortgage and insurance (as related to retirement funding). Along with running my Brokerage, I've specialized in education by providing Financial Intelligence seminars and coaching.
- Bachelor of Arts from Multnomah University
- Designated Real Estate Broker License, WA State
- Certified Negotiation Expert: The CNE® is earned by real estate professionals after successfully completing formal negotiation training. Agents who receive this certification are in the top 1% of all agents nationally.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Five Star Professional Award, Seattle Magazine: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Seattle Awards in Customer Service, 2012 & 2013